SLJ Summerhouse design

Hello today I did the summer house design challenge I did the kick start so I used tinkercad. Here is my design. My design is designed for out in the country.

Some of the key points to this are

• I liked the idea of recycled wood planks so that is what the building plus the floor is made of.
  • The sky gazing window up the top for night time.
  • the sliding doors for ventilation if it gets hot and sticky.
  • And last is in the inside we have a couch to have a good view outside to nature.

What would your design be and where?

7 thoughts on “SLJ Summerhouse design

1. Hi Benjamin,

It’s Emma here from the Summer Learning Journey. It’s awesome to see you are really getting into the summer activities. You have done an excellent job digitally designing your house. It sounds like you want your house to be very eco friendly with your choice of recycled wood planks, what a clever idea. I imagine this house in the perfect spot overlooking a forest or beside a lake somewhere remote. I love the idea of having a sky gazing window, you would have a perfect view of the stars right from the comfort of you own bed. Is there a particular place in New Zealand that you would put this house? Maybe somewhere you have visited before or that you would like to visit? I think my design would be quite similar to yours with a jetty stretching out across a lake, maybe somewhere in Queenstown! What do you think? Thanks for sharing an awesome post Benjamin.

1. Hello Emma,

I was thinking somewhere in Southland way were there are lots of farms looking out to all the cool animals and maybe a we forest near so you can listen to all the nature calling out. That would sound nice in the evening.

-Benjamin

1. Hi Benjamin,

That sounds perfect. I love to be around animals too. What kind of animals would you want on the farm? I would love to have donkeys and goats roaming around. They can be quite funny and you could go and feed them during the day.

Emma 🙂

1. Hello Emma,

Some animals I would enjoy on my farm are some chickens for some eggs and I like goats so some of them and maybe some cows as well. I would love to have a little bird Avery to.

-Benjamin

1. Hi Benjamin,

That sounds fantastic, and like a lot of animals!

A bird Avery or sanctuary would be perfect for the forest nearby, would you have just native birds or all kinds from around the world?

2. Hello Emma ,

I would have all kinds of different birds in my bird Avery but I would try and keep native separate to the other birds. What about you?

-Benjamin

1. Hi Benjamin,

Thats probably a good idea. Is that because they wouldn’t get a long, or maybe they would steal each others resources?

I suppose if you had Kiwi birds you would have to have a special place for them where its kept dark during the day if you wanted to see them. Have you been to visit the kiwi birds at Auckland Zoo?

If I could have any bird I would have a Toucan because I love their beautoful markings. They belong in the wild though where they can fly high above the tree tops so maybe I’ll have to travel in the hopes of spotting one in their natural habitat one day!

Are there any birds you hope to spot in the wild one day?

Emma – SLJ